6.23.2009

Happy Birthday Isaiah




Cliche, but true, this year has gone by so fast. Isaiah is 1 today and he has taught me so much about being a mom. One of the biggest discoveries this past year was understanding love in a new way. As I sit in the rocking chair each night with Isaiah I am amazed at how deep my love is, it is different from my love for Clint or my parents. I never understood how much my own mom loved me till I became one, too. But this new love for my own son made me realize how limited my understanding is of God's love for me. What an honor it is to understand more how incredible God's love is. It is a joy to spend my days with an energetic, joyful and curious little guy. This past year has been quite an adventure. Isaiah fits in our smallest kitchen cupboard, not only does he fit in, but he crawls in head first and turns around, wow.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah! Looks like you are enjoying your pool. I hope you have fun celebrating and opening presents. We miss you and can't wait to see you again!

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah! Love the new pics of you. Wish we could come splash in your pool!

The Isbells said...

Oh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAIAH!! We miss you guys and wish we could celebrate with you!!